Saturday, February 27, 2016

Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow Collection

If you are familiar of the brands in the green beauty community, then you must know Kjaer Weis. If you are not.. then you are in for a treat.

Hi everyone! How is your week so far? In this post I wanted to talk about my long-time obsession of Kjaer Weis eyeshadows. I have heard SO MANY good things about this particular product but held off buying it for so long because of the hefty price tag (sigh).

Kjaer Weis is a Danish eco makeup brand created by Kristen Kjær Weis. She created a brand formulated with organic non-harmful ingredients while still maintaining beautiful color pigmentation and amazing formulas. All their products are packaged in a very sleek red lacquer, grain-textured boxes, like little jewelry cases that houses the main packaging, which is bold metal compacts with KW logo. They are honestly one of the most luxurious makeup I have ever owned. People always ask me what brand of makeup whenever I bring out the packaging, because of the uniqueness of it. I totally dig it!

The ingredients are really good, they do not have fillers, and almost all of their products are either certified natural or organic and they use amazing ingredients such as shea butter, bamboo stem powder, any many more amazing ingredients!

Moving on to the eye shadow, they usually come in these packaging but I actually bought the re-fill because it is then more affordable and I honestly hate so much hassle of individual eye shadows. I always put them in a Z-Palette.


Here is how I lined my Kjaer Weis Eyeshadows. My Kjaer Weis eye shadows are the top row (the smaller pans). From L-R: Onyx, Divine, Blue Wonder, Pretty Purple, Earthy Calm, Magnetic, Wisdom, Charmed, Cloud Nine



The eye shadows without primer or anything as a base. Shades from L-F: Onyx, Divine, Blue Wonder, Pretty Purple, Earthy Calm, Magnetic, Wisdom, Charmed, Cloud Nine


 The eye shadows with primer, the Gabriel Cosmetics eye primer in neutral.


The Shades
  • Onyx described as slate-black shadow with iridescent to it. It is precisely that, and I love how you can see specks of glitter through when you use it, because sometimes black can be a bore to wear.
  • Divine described as a neutral classic grey. It has a satin finish and is a beautiful cool-toned grey color for monochromatic looks
  • Blue Wonder is described as the perfect blue for every skin tone. It is a beautiful color if you like to go outside your comfort zone and not just wear neutral eye shadows. To me it has a teeny bit of turquoise undertones to it when you blend it out and is a unique matte color.
  • Pretty Purple is described as a sophisticated purple color. It has grey undertones to it and if you are expecting a straight up purple, then you will not like this color. However, I love how it gives a taupe-ish purplish color that is so hard to describe but yet so beautiful to wear.
  • Earthy Calm described as a versatile warm brown. This is one of my favorite colors they offer! So beautiful! It has red undertones but blends beautifully and very suitable to darken up any look without being too harsh. 
  • Magnetic MY FAVORITE SHADE! Described as a brownish-gold shadow. It is a warm medium brown color with specks of gold shimmer in it and it is absolutely beautiful on the crease, all the way to the lid. It is just the perfect color for blending eye shadow and a great versatile color all around. If I can recommend one eye shadow to get from the whole line, it would be this one!

  • Wisdom is described as a mix of gray, brown, and purple creating a complex taupe hue. It is exactly that with gold flecks in it and it has a satin finish. Such a beautiful color even though I like my warm-toned shadows!

  • Charmed is a versatile beige. It gives you a natural looking sheen, and on my eyelid it looks like a 'your skin but better' type of color. Great for all over the lids, and as a highlighter for darker skin tones.
  • Cloud Nine my second favorite shade! Described as a light ivory color with gorgeous pearly finish. It has gold reflects through it and it is an absolutely beautiful lid of brow bone color.
The Pigmentation
The pigmentation is amazing! These eye shadows are all so very pigmented and they are easy to blend. Some of the colors are a little bit more patchy than the others (Charmed, Pretty Purple) but otherwise great color payoff.

The Price
The individual eye shadows retail for $45 or ‎£32 or you can get the refill and get a total score for $27 or £17. I honestly think they are such an expensive product and quite the splurge, but when you purchase them you know they are made with great ingredients and without fillers unlike any conventional brands, so keep that in mind! I will gladly repurchase these eye shadows if I ever run out of them just because I think they are worth the money.

Where You Can Get Them
To my Indonesian readers, here are a few websites where you can get these bad boys
  1. Naturisimo You can buy them through directly, but you do have to use a Credit Card.
  2. SutoCorp This is a buying service that you can buy anything from any website without the hassle of a credit card, and you can chose a method that can get your packages shipped directly to your house! I use this many times throughout the years.
  3. Concierge Alle An Indonesian and UK based shopping service!

I hope you are well


With Love,

Karina Hikmayudi

1 comments:

  1. Hi Karina! Saw you at Female Daily website and i'm so happy I found your blog ���� I am super into non toxic, natural, organic, cruelty free skincare & makeup, too. How long did you wait for your Naturisimo package? They have amazing products but I'm worried about the import fee (bea cukai) ����

    ReplyDelete